Adoption of the Equator Principles (EPs) is open to any financial institution that meets the relevant adoption requirements and agrees to meet the ongoing reporting requirements.
Adoption by a financial institution is voluntary but once such adoption has been made, the adopting entity must take all appropriate steps to implement and comply with the EPs.
Financial institutions are encouraged to adopt the EPs through their group holding company or any other group entity which permits a broad and consistent commitment to the EPs across their relevant business functions and operating subsidiaries.
A prospective adopter should:
- Download, complete and submit the Adoption Agreement and Contact Form.
- Read and comprehend the EPs and the requirements therein,
- Read and comprehend the EP Association Governance Rules,
- Contact the EP Association Secretariat with any questions regarding adoption or application and implementation of the EPs.
The prospective adopter might also consider:
- Seeking advice from an external party on application and implementation,
- Discussing application and implementation with an existing adopter.